Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Invocations of Sekhmet

 
 
Sekhmet, Stalker of the Night
Guard my lover
Fight my fight
Suffer none to do us harm
Bring us pain
Or steal our calm
Lioness who knows no fear
Keep foes away
Let them not near
Let our enemies so find
Unto their actions you will bind
Hurt they send, you will return
By their own actions shall they burn
Let all who hear youo mighty roar
Know swift justice is in store
From foolishness may they be turned
Or in cleansing be they burned

 TalogWitch 2006
 

A Prayer To Sekhmet
Book: Bast and Sekhmet, Eyes of Ra
Author: Storm Constantine and Eloise Coquio
Note from author: The following was translated by E.A. St George and is taken from her booklet Under Regulus.
 
Behold, I smell the earth before the mighty one. Behold how I have kept the vigil
in the shrine of Sekhmet.
Behold, I am the child,
the child of Sekhmet,
the lady of the east.
I am with her.
I am one with her.
I am Sekhmet
 and the flames of all those who praise her.
I am the hand of the powerful goddess,
wearer of the solar disc.
 I am the twice beautiful one, more splendid than yesterday.
I am she who goes forth with Ra. I am she.
My hair is the hair of Sekhmet, the golden one.
My eyes are the eyes of the lioness.
My ears are the ears of the goddess.
My nose is the nose of she who can sniff out all evil.
My teeth are the fangs, which can devour the darkness.
My neck is the neck of the divine goddess.
My hands are the hands with long claws.
My arms are the arms of the mighty one.
My backbone is golden and it shines with splendour.
My chest is the chest of the mighty one of terror.
My belly is the belly of Sekhmet. 
My hips and legs are the hips and legs of the goddess
My feet are the clawed feet of the lion goddess.
There is no part of me that is not of the goddess.
 

I am Sekhmet 
who cometh forth in the dawn.
I am the power of Ra by day.
I shall not be dragged back by my arms
and none shall lay violent hands upon me,
lest I destroy them utterly.
Nether man nor god shall hurt me,
nor shall the living,
Nor shall the holy dead detain me.
Nor shall the demons destroy me in battle,
for I am Sekhmet
And I shall eat off their faces.
I am she who cometh forth.
I am yesterday
and I am the seer of millions of years.
I am the power of the divine judge.
I dwell in the east.
I am the lady of eternity, the unveiled one.
My name is created to defy all evil.
I am the flame that shineth in the sanctuary.
I am Sekhmet.